Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I (think) I can survive without OSAP!

Since I have nothing better to do with my afternoon off I've been constantly visiting the NU Blogs and Videos group on facebook to see if anyone else was added. I have a feeling this could be quite addictive and detrimental to my entire life...

I haven't yet decided if I want to remain anonymous -- chances are I'll be too lazy to make up secret identities for everyone that I want to write about and end up mixing up their code names and.. sigh.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I moved back home for the summer -- third year in a row, can't break the streak now! After being fired last summer (from MR SUB of all places) for "not looking interested" when I'm at work ...seriously, what the fuck? -- this summer the diva in me decided "hell nawwww" to interviews and "shut up skank!" to handing out resume after resume.

What's my secret? http://www.kijiji.ca

I posted a few ads for babysitting and cleaning. Now I'm making cash every day, suckas!

It's not so bad, you know, working for yourself. Set your own schedule, take time off whenever you want and no one can fire you for not looking interested! ...stupidpooface. Just don't be like me and decide at 6am you don't want to get up and clean for an appointment at 8am. That's where you get into some trouble... let me tell you.

Fun anecdote time!

Just last week I realized that I can infact CRY ON DEMAND. Not to self: add to resume. If only I had realized it sooner, damn! Anyways, what transpired was... I stayed up super late, previously made an appointment for 8am for the next day and -duh- didn't want to get up to pee, nevermind go clean a crazy lady's house.

My alarm goes off... I toss and turn in bed scheming up excuses for the phone call I'd be making in an hour's time. Then it comes to me... "CAR TROUBLE!!" ... but do I want the money??

Apparently not, because an hour later I was in tears gasping out sentences to a woman over the phone. She was understanding -- and you'll see me next on Broadway.

G'day!


1 comment:

Matthew said...

I too, am totally addicted already, and I just started yesterday! I am consumed by the blogger.
Cheers to that!